Has Darwin Erased the Self-Evidence of our God Given Rights?
Presentation by Vincent Newmeyer
Sponsored by Liberty Rock School
Upstairs at Brigham Larson Pianos
1497 State St, Orem
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 7:00pm
Thomas Jefferson in penning the Declaration of Independence proclaimed that it is "self-evident, that all men are created equal," and it is by this line of thought that he declared that "they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights."
Yet in our schools and popular media we have exclamations like:
"The theory of evolution has also deeply influenced our way of thinking about ourselves. ... One reason is, of course, that evolution is in contradiction to the literal interpretation of the Bible. Another difficulty is that it seems to diminish human significance. ... [T]he new biology ask[s] us to accept the proposition that ... we are not fundamentally different from other organisms in either our origins or our place in the natural world." (Invitation to Biology fifth edition Curtis and Barnes p 11).
Could this be correct? Is the "self-eviden[ce]" of a "Creator" just an illusion or an inference which has failed in light of modern "scientific investigation"? In this talk Vincent Newmeyer explores the foundational origins of great nations in history including the United States of America within which nations their citizens enjoyed liberty. These nations include in their fundamental philosophy of law an understanding of a Creator and man's accountability to him.
There is No charge to attend.
For the latest on the proposed Utah "SEEd"/NGSS standards go to the Articles page.
Welcome to ScienceFreedom.org
What is being taught in our schools?
"The theory of evolution has also deeply influenced our way of thinking about ourselves. ... One reason is, of course, that evolution is in contradiction to the literal interpretation of the Bible. Another difficulty is that it seems to diminish human significance. ... [T]he new biology ask[s] us to accept the proposition that ... we are not fundamentally different from other organisms in either our origins or our place in the natural world." (Invitation to Biology fifth edition Curtis and Barnes p 11).I found this statement of faith in the Utah Biology textbook that was used by my son and my oldest daughter in their high school AP biology class. In fact, the first 11 pages were a big setup between the "science of evolution" and traditional religious belief. As it turns out it is not uncommon to find this type of statement in Utah's biology textbooks. True, the above is one of the more blatant statements, however, this type of dogma is in fact found even in the recently proposed update to our current science standards. Most importantly, this and similar statements which are claimed to be made from "solid science" are actually not supported by the data.
Summation of Issues with the NGSS StandardsBecause of issues ranging from the:
- Politicized presentation of Global Warming and Environmentalism
- Darwinian Dogma
- The lack of an objective view of the data
- The indoctrination of a materialistic mantra, which excludes any data and logic that indicates that there is anything more than simply Matter and Energy as an explanation of our origins.
- This enthroned materialistic view has a devastating affect on the morals of society as a whole.
- Instances of Bad Science
- Missing and "implicit" content
- Artificial limits on learning
- The failure to include essential math critical to science learning
- Lack of depth in critical topics
- Missing science foundations
- The watering down of science with social issues
- The failure to evaluate the whole of the NGSS and only looking at grades 6-8
- The presentation to the public of only selected material, and not the full body of material that will be presented to our teachers
- And submitting to a National Standard could bring Federal consequences if we should deviate from those standards in the future
Teach All of the Science:We believe the students of our Utah Families should be free to hear the full breadth of scientific evidence. Science teachers should not be shackled to sterilized arguments and filtered scientific facts, as we find in the NGSS standards, simply because other data points to what has become politically unpopular conclusions.
We are looking for interested parties who would like to join with us as we become the spark in the engine of the next Renaissance.
I Would Like To:
- Get More Information.
- Help ScienceFreedom.org get books and videos to my school or public library.
- Be Informed of Future Events and Current Issues.
- Donate financially to the effort.
Thanks for your support